- UEA Further Processors
A division of UEA created to represent those companies engaged in breaking & further egg processing into egg products. UEA Further Processors was established in 1983 to represent those companies engaged in breaking & further egg processing into egg products. The organization has approximately 20 members who in turn break and further process about 80% of all U.S. eggs broken. Customers include bakeries, food service establishments and food manufacturers.
General U.S. Statistics
20 UEA Further Processor Members represent over 80% of all shell eggs broken in the U.S.
• Approximately 32% all eggs produced are broken.
• Approximately 67 million cases (360 egg per case) of eggs are broken per year.
• Approximately 54% of all eggs broken are produced at in-line production/breaking farms.
• Approximately all liquid whole eggs are produced at in-line production/breading farms.
• Shell Egg exports account for less than 1% of all U.S. eggs produced
Eggs Per Capita Production
• Shell eggs = 164
• Egg Products = 82
• Total = 246
• Egg products broken down by category (table.pdf)
Future for Egg Products
• Continued Growth Excellent.
• Cooked Product.
Partnership with American Egg Board/UEP
• New Products and New Uses.